5 Advantages of Social Media Marketing for Businesses
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter are some of the most important places to reach your target audience. According to statistica.com, social media usage is one of the most popular online activities. Over 2.65 billion people were using social media worldwide in 2018.
And in the UAE, the number of people on social media surpasses the global average, with 99.06% of the population considered as active social media users, according to globalmediainsight.com.
With so many of your potential customers on social media every day, understanding the advantages of social media marketing for your business is key to knowing how to use these platforms effectively to convert leads into sales.
Here are five advantages of using social media marketing for your business:
- It builds brand awareness – Social media is by far the most powerful tool for communicating your brand to hundreds, thousands and even millions, of people. Social media gives you a chance to not only advertise your business but to engage with your potential customers through shares, likes, comments and direct messaging. you can build awareness of your brand. And with greater brand awareness – or the more that people know about your brand – the more you will sell.
- It is very cost-effective – Here is the thing about social media, you don’t have to invest very much money to get a high ROI. Social media offers one of the cheapest ways to market your brand. Depending on how much you choose to invest in paid ads on social media, or how much you invest in a social media campaign, you will get the same ROI. This means there is little to no risk.
- It offers an engagement channel – Social media has revolutionized the way we communicate and engage with one another. Businesses are learning how to leverage social media for two-way communication between them and their customers. For example, you can try to upload a logo design and ask for your customers’ feedback or upload a short video about your service that you provide to your clients and wait for your customers to comment and see what they think of your work. Engaging with your customers via social media will strengthen your customer relationships as well as increase your client base and increase customer loyal The more you communicate with your customers and create a connection with them, the more likely that they will become loyal to your brand.
- It allows you to reach your target audience directly – Perhaps the most important advantage of using social media marketing for your business is that it offers you the possibility to target your ads and messaging to the people that are most interested in your products or services. Imagine for a minute a billboard advertisement. That ad is being seen by thousands of people every day, but very likely most of those people aren’t interested in the product or service being advertised. Being able to target your ad to only those people most interested in what you’re selling – your target audience – is smart and cost-effective. Social media lets you deliver ads and other content specific to your target audience, by letting you apply filters that focus on certain ages, demographics, interests, etc. Through Facebook analytic tools like Pixels, you can boost an ad or a post to your target audience, reaching hundreds or thousands more people than you would have been able to reach.
- It increases your website traffic and SEO ranking – Social media helps to increase traffic on your website. How? It’s simple; you include a link to your website on each, or at least on many of the social media posts you publish. This strategy directs your audience back to your website to read a certain blog or to view a recent project. Once they are on your website, they are much more likely to take action, and buy a product, tell a friend, or contact you (assuming that your website is designed with user experience in mind!).Social media is also an important tool for your website’s SEO or its ranking on Google and other search engines. Many business owners think that all they have to do is regularly update the content on their website, and Google will keep them on the first page forever. Well, they are wrong! Sharing content on social media and having a large number of followers helps Google determine your website’s ranking, and whether you will be on the first page of search results.
Over to you…..
The advantages of social media marketing for your business are uncountable. It’s no longer a question of if you should have a social media marketing strategy, but when and will you do it yourself or hire the professionals?
Creating a social media page can be done by anyone; you don’t need to be a genius or take a course in digital marketing. But, there is a lot of complexity involved in doing social media marketing the right way. Unless you have an in-house marketing team, we recommend consulting with the experts at Summit Digital Development to find out how we can make sure your business reaches peak performance on social media.