6 Mistakes to Avoid with Logo Design
What is the first logo that comes to mind when asked? McDonalds’ golden arches, or, the mermaid on your cup Starbucks coffee? There is a forumla to good logo design that experienced graphic designers must study in order to master their craft.
Good logo design grabs your attention with its design elements, while being unique, and utterly simple. Most people don’t realize that a logo is meant to be different, memorable, but also indicate something about the culture and industry that a company is engaged in. This is where the experts at Summit Digital Development can produce a logo that is not only unique, simple and attratctive, but resonates in peoples mind when your industry is conjurred in their minds. Learn more here.
Only a creative team with marketing sense can design the perfect logo for your company
There are many factors that are taken into consideration when Summit Digital Development creates a logo for one of our clients. Our graphic designers work closely with our Marketing team and take your vision and culture into consideration as we conceptualize. Knowing what you want to convey, the culture inside and outside your organization, and what kind of splash you want to make in the pool are the keys to crafting your unique logo.
Here are the 6 biggest mistakes to avoid when designing a logo
- Following trends- Here is the first mistake designers face during ideation. They always want to follow the latest logo design trends that their competitors and other industries are using so they can be up to date.
Our designers keep in mind that the winning logo will for your company will be utilize design concepts that are long lasting. Trendy logo designs will at some point lose their value and look outdated.
- Using the wrong Font- This is the most common mistake a designer makes. Not considering the font or the text to be part of the logo design is a serious oversight. Using the right typeface conveys the right message of the company and represents the company’s reputation.
Designers try so hard by using multiple typeface which looks like its been designed by an amateur, therefore it is recommended to use only two interfaces for branding your business (more here).
- Wrong color theme– Similar to typeface, selecting the appropriate color to represents the core message and the personality of the brand is vital in designing a logo. Deciding on what color to use for your logo should match the logo design and the designer needs to keep in mind that the colors will be used in the long run. Consumers associate certain colors with certain industries.
- Use of raster images– Raster images are made of pixels and adjusting the size of these images create a blurry image or a low quality therefore affecting the logo’s image. Our designers use vector based software like Adobe Photoshop to design logos and scale it to any size we need without affecting the clarity of the image.
- Designing a complex logo- A complex and sophisticated logo is another common mistake when designing a logo. It is recommended to make your logo design simple, scanable, and easy for your target audience to remember.
- Plagiarism– A common pitfall of graphic designers nowadays is to copy the idea of a logo design from somewhere else. This can lead to a penalty and litigation that you are best to avoid. Our professional designers understand the importance of original work.
What should you do if you need logo design in Dubai.
Most people don’t have the tools or skills to design a logo themselves. Even within an organization there isn’t the technical skill to create a logo. It is best to work with a professional company that has the tools, knowledge, and team to design a logo that is unique, simple, and attractive. To find out more about logo designs that we create for our clients in Dubai and the UAE click here.